Safer Roads Consulting provides the following services within the road safety field:
- Data analysis
- Options analysis
- Feasibility study
- Cost benefit analysis
- Literature review
- Report writing
- Baseline study
- Benchmark study
- Strategic planning
- Stakeholder engagement
- Blackspot, black length, and crash cluster identification
- Focal area data report by topic, crash type or location
- Problem definition and countermeasure summary
- Design and implementation of research projects
- Database design and development
- Design trial of new technology or program
- Facilitating workshops
- Developing and presenting education and training programs
Staff have experience working with various sources of relevant data, including: crash data (crash, traffic unit, controller and casualty characteristics), geographical data, severity index and crash rates, offence data (offence rates, traffic infringements, and penalty data), speed survey data, traffic volume and expected growth rates, licence data, vehicle registration data, vehicle kilometres travelled data, skid resistance of road surface data (SCRIM), travel time data, population and demographic data, financial data, observational studies and self-reported community attitudes and behaviours (market research).
The benefits of Safer Roads Consulting include:
- excellence and efficiency in researching, planning, preparing and conducting projects.
- excellence in writing and presenting reports and projects.
- high quality communication throughout the project process.
- projects delivered on time and within budget.
- experienced staff who are well suited to all phases of project management and research.
- demonstrated professional competence
Safer Roads Consulting recognises the most critical factors for success as:
- understanding the client’s needs.
- using a problem solving approach, incorporating both logical and creative solutions.
- maintaining the integrity of information and data, and recognising its specificities, during analysis and interpretation.
- working to a very high standard with respect to quality of research, design, planning, report writing and presentation.
- dealing with problems immediately and directly.
- attending to details, whilst maintaining an awareness of purpose and priorities.
- delivering projects on time and within budget.